It has been a busy week here at Illiana. Here’s a snapshot of what we’ve been up to!
- Tuesday night we held a fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse to support our upcoming Mission Trips. Thanks for all who came out and supported Illiana students who are spending their spring break serving and being the hands and feet of Jesus. We don’t have final numbers yet, but the place was packed so thanks for having some rolls and steak to help support our school.
- The Jr high basketball tournament is in full swing right now. It is great to see all of our feeder schools on campus and see the passion the kids and parents bring to the end of the year tournament.
- We had band, choir and orchestra concerts this week. Thank you to our directors who pour so much into these kids and shape their musical talents to glorify God. It was a great night.
- Our winter sport season finished up this week. It is amazing how fast the season goes. Congrats to all of our coaches and players on great seasons. Thanks to our seniors who have been an integral part of our programs.
- Tuesday night we held an 8th grade parent dinner at Little Italy. We enjoyed sharing all that Illiana has to offer and it is exciting to see possible future Illiana parents and their passion for giving their kids a Christian Education.
- Viking Academy registration opened this week. We are encouraged by the early sign-ups and are looking forward to see this program grow.
- We have a Civil Rights workshop today that involves a lot of our kids.
- Our Juniors took their ISTEP tests this week and I know they are happy to be done with that.
- Monday we celebrated President’s Day with day off school. It was a wonderful break for both students and staff.
- Wednesday we had our first meeting of “The Grounds” and I had the privilege to be able to sit with a lot of our kids over a coffee and talk about life and their faith.
I am sure I am missing many things as Illiana is a busy place during the week, but this is a brief snapshot of Illiana Christian High School. While multiple things are taking place, our goal in anything we do is to encourage our students to live their lives for Jesus Christ. Thanks for all your help, support, and prayers as we do this together.