Save On Tuition with SCRIP
Scrip is a tuition reduction program which can be started at any time. Credit that is earned prior to your child’s enrollment at Illiana Christian will be held in your family’s tuition account until they are enrolled.
How does Scrip work?
Scrip gift cards or certificates are ordered online from the order form at face value. These are for items that you would be buying anyway in your normal walk of life (groceries, fuel, clothing, restaurants, gifts, etc.) and they are “same as cash” at the retailer. Kohl’s allows you to pay your credit card bill with them, but they are the only department store that currently does this.
The school purchases these gift certificates at a discount (amount of discount for each retailer is noted on the order form). The difference between what you pay and what the school pays is the profit. We split the profit: 90% of it is credited to your tuition account and the remaining 10% goes to the school to pay the expenses of running this program, along with a small amount of profit. With each order, you are given a notice of the net profit to your account. Tuition accounts are credited twice a year, at which time it will show on your statement as a credit or you will receive a notice of the accumulated credit.
How do I register for Scrip?
To begin benefiting from this easy moneymaker, you must register at www.ShopWithScrip.com. Please email Jill Rozendal at firstname.lastname@example.org for the school’s enrollment code.
How do I order Scrip?
You have three options for ordering:
- Online ordering is available at www.ShopWithScrip.com. If you are placing a first time order you will need to set-up a family account. (for enrollment code, please email email@example.com) All online orders for physical gift cards that the store does not carry must be placed online and can be paid with check or PrestoPay.
- Physical gift cards can be purchased through the SCRIP store during regular office hours. Gift cards can be purchased with cash or check.
- Scrip Wallet allows certificates to be downloaded to your phone and used immediately. All ScripNow, Reload, and ReloadNow cards purchased online must be paid with an Online account (see below).
All available retailers can be found at www.ShopWithScrip.com. We do have some local vendors that are not listed.
How do I pay for Scrip?
Once your order for physical gift cards has been placed, you can pay by check, money order, or set up and online account (see below). It is important to remember to send your payment to the office by the order date if you order online and choose not to use Presto Pay. Any purchases for ScripNow, Reload, or ReloadNow cards must be paid with online account. If these purchases are made by check your order will be deleted. Important: Any order that has been submitted but not paid for by the date will NOT be placed.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the Scrip coordinator, Jill Rozendal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-627-3073
Setting Up an Online Account through SCRIP
All SCRIP orders for ScripNow, Reload, or ReloadNow cards must be purchased through an online bank account. We can not accept checks for these purchases because they are intended for immediate or next-day use depending on the card type.
To set up an online account (formerly called PrestoPay) follow these steps:
1. Sign into your online dashboard with Raise Right (formerly called Shop with Scrip or Great Lakes Scrip)
2. Click on the settings tab (found on the far right side of your computer screen)
3. Click payment options
4. Click Continue with Plaid.
5. Choose your bank if it is on the pre-approved bank list.
6. Continue working through prompts on the computer screen.
7. If your bank is not listed then click manual setup. This will require Raise Right to verify your bank account by making two very small deposits into your account. You will have to submit the amounts in your online account before you will be able to use your online bank account to make these purchases.