FIRST SEMESTER EXAM SCHEDULE:
| January 13 Exams
7:45 – 8:15 Study Period 1
8:20 – 9:50 Period 1 Exam
9:50 – 10:05 Break
10:10- 10:40 Study Period 2
10:45- 12:15 Period 2
| January 14 Exams
7:45-8:15 Study Period 3
8:20-9:50 Period 3 Exam
10:10-10:40 Study Period 4
10:45-12:15 Period 4 Exam
12:45-1:15 Study Period 5
1:20-2:50 Exam Period 5
| January 15 Exams
7:45 – 8:15 Study Period 6
8:20 – 9:50 Period 6 Exam
9:50 – 10:05 Break
10:10- 10:40 Study Period7
10:45-12:15 Period 7
Students must attend all study sessions and all exams with only the following exceptions: (1) If you have a study hall or (2) if you are vouching out of an exam, you do not need to attend that exam period or the study session preceding it. Study sessions and exam sessions will meet for the entire time allotted. Students not scheduled to be in a study session or exam because of the exceptions above must be either off campus or in the Media Center during those times. Students who arrive during either a study session or an exam must report to the Media Center. Also, the above exceptions would be the only legitimate reason for being off campus between the starting and ending times of each day. The intent of the study sessions is to give students one more opportunity to make sure they are well prepared for an exam. Study sessions will be held in the same room and with the same teacher as the following exam. Students should bring study materials. These are study sessions, not review sessions, which means that students will have this time to prepare themselves for exams, not to have the teacher prepare them.
NO SCHOOL: There will be no school on the following dates:
- Monday, January 18, due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Friday, February 12, due to the Faculty In-Service day.
- Monday, February 15, due to President’s Day.
- Spring Break is March 29 through April 5.
- School will resume on April 6.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF EIGHTH GRADERS:
We are now accepting online applications for the 2021-2022 school year! Every incoming freshman and transfer student needs to fill out an application.
- New parents: create an application account through the admissions page on our website and apply today.
- Current Illiana parents: Log into your ParentsWeb/Family Portal account, then click on Apply/Enroll>Application>Click here to open Application>Create a New Student Application.
- Questions? Contact Director of Admissions Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 ext. 49. Please pass this information on to friends and family.
- PREVIEW ILLIANA is being planned for Tuesday, March 2, 2021, at 7:00 p.m., Lord willing! Keep an eye on the Admissions page on the school’s website as well as on our social media pages for more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, school tours are available for individual families. Contact Mrs. Limback to set up your tour.
BUS SCHEDULE FOR EXAM DAYS 1 & 3: Families who use the bus should watch their email for a communication regarding the bus times on January 13 and 15.
HOMECOMING – JANUARY 22: Plans for Homecoming are in the process of being worked out. Illiana will continue the tradition of homecoming court and the festivities will be live-streamed. Please continue to check our social media accounts for all homecoming updates!
SPRING MUSICAL: Illiana is optimistically planning for a spring musical in March. Unpack your adjectives, sing along with the preamble, and get ready for those interjections as we perform Schoolhouse Rock Live! Specific details about format and tickets pending. Stay tuned!
TAX INFORMATION: Tuition statements for 2020 will be mailed to all parents. This is to help you with your state income tax preparation. If you have any questions, please contact Suzanne Jonkman (email@example.com or 219-558-7066 ext. 11).
ACT TEST PREP:
- The ACT test will be offered at Illiana on Saturday, April 17, 2021. Detailed information regarding the ACT test has been emailed to parents/guardians of all juniors and will be available on the Illiana website.
- TO REGISTER FOR THE ACT TEST GO TO: act.org. The deadline to register for the April test is March 12, 2021.
- Illiana offers four nights of coaching from 7 – 9 p.m. on March 18, 23, 25, and April 6. Students may sign up for the Illiana coaching in the office, beginning December 7. The deadline to sign up for coaching is January 15. The cost is $50, and must be paid in advance by check or cash. We are not able to add this charge to your tuition. Students may sign up in the office with Mrs. Jonkman.
- Excel Edge is also offering virtual coaching. To register, go to exceledgeinc.com. The cost is $325 for a textbook & for eight nights of coaching. Please sign up as soon as possible, so Excel Edge can plan accordingly.
- If you have any questions regarding the ACT test or coaching for the test, contact your student’s counselor. Contact Mrs. Melanie Benes for students whose last names begin with A – K (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Neil Zandstra for students whose last names begin with L – Z (email@example.com).
- Volunteers: Spots are available through May at https://signup.com/go/CLJRmEw. Remember if you would like to work off your $200 P.I.E. fee you may do so by signing up through this link. Thank you so much!
- RISE AND ROLL BAKERY: We are sponsoring a fundraiser through Rise and Roll Bakery on January 29, 2021 at the Schererville and Cedar Lake locations. Enjoy yummy donuts, cinnamon rolls, pies and cookies and help support the Excellence in Education Fund. This fund helps pay for so many items not covered by tuition. Pre-ordering is available and you may pick up at Illiana or at these two locations. Look for more information to be sent by email.
- Golden Opportunity Books are for sale in the office. We offer both NWI and Chicago South Suburbs books. They are $25 each and may be picked up in the office.
- Save the Date – The Spring Supper will be on Saturday, March 20, 2021 this year and due to Covid, we will deliver your dinner to you! Look forward to a traditional Illiana dinner delivered right to your door by your own Illiana students! More details will be coming.