HOMECOMING: The Homecoming games will be Friday, February 7. The JV Boys team will play at 5:30 p.m. and the varsity boys team will play at 7:30 p.m. The presentation of the court and Miss and Mr. Illiana will be approximately 7:00-7:30 p.m. Admission is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students. Season passes are not honored at Homecoming.
- February 8 – ACT Test at Illiana.
- Block Schedule: February 11 & 12.
- There will be no school on February 14, due to the Faculty In-Service Day, or on February 17 for Presidents’ Day.
- There will be early dismissal on Thursday, February 20.
- Spring Break is March 30 – April 3.
- The annual Illiana Christian High School Association Meeting will be held on Monday, April 20.
- VIKING ACADEMY July 13 -31: Watch our website for details on all the exciting summer camps offered this year! Registration opens March 1.
SPRING MUSICAL: – MARCH 5, 6, 7 : How can a show based on children’s books be appealing for all ages and be nominated for three Tony awards including Best Musical? Come to Iliana’s production of A Year With Frog and Toad and find out! This heartwarming and humorous story, based on Arnold Lobel’s books, travels through four seasons of friendship with fun songs and great lessons about life and true friends. Tickets will cost $10 and will go on sale at the end of February. Fun for the whole family!
ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT NEWS:
- RE-ENROLLMENT: Re-enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will be automatic again this year. Principal Peter Boonstra sent a letter to all families in January regarding this. If you have any questions, please contact Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF EIGHTH GRADERS: High School is just around the corner for many of you! We are now accepting online applications for the 2020-21 academic year. Current Illiana families can access the application in their ParentsWeb/Family Portal under Apply/Enroll. New families should visit the Admissions page on the Illiana website. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact our Director of Admissions, Marie Limback, at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or email@example.com. Please pass this information on to friends and family.
- PREVIEW ILLIANA: Preview Illiana is a great opportunity for parents and students who are considering Illiana Christian High School to get an up close view of the school, and have all their questions answered. And, we think it’s just a lot of fun too! Plan to join us on Tuesday, March 3 at 7 p.m. No pre-registration necessary. Middle school students will receive a free Illiana T-shirt. Please invite neighbors, friends, family, and anyone else to this event! Questions can be directed to our Director of Admissions, Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TALK TO US TUESDAYS: Every Tuesday in February and March 2020 at 9:00 a.m. prospective parents are welcome to visit Illiana and talk with the Director of Admissions over a cup of coffee from Common Grounds. We will talk about academics, arts, athletics, parent involvement, mission trips, school culture, applying and enrolling, and anything else guests would like to learn about Illiana. We’ll also take a walk around our beautiful building and see students and teachers in action. No pre-registration is necessary.
- BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH – new item for March lunches! We are going to try a new item for March 12. We will not be having Mac ‘n Cheese. We will have:
- Sausage wrapped in pancakes- 2 per order- $1.50.
- Hash Brown Triangle- 3 per order-$1.
- Frozen Juice Cup- .50, either strawberry/mango or sour cherry/lemon
- SCRIP: All SCRIP orders are due in the office or online by 8:00 am on the Tuesday turn-in date. The orders will be ready the following Tuesday for pickup. If you have questions about SCRIP, please contact Jill Rozendal at email@example.com.
- VOLUNTEERS: Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer for P.I.E.! There are still open volunteer spots for lunch. You may sign up at the Signup.com link to pick your dates.
- I.E. CHARGES & CREDITS: P.I.E. charges and credits were applied on the January family tuition statements. P.I.E. credits will continue to be applied every month through the end of the school year, as your P.I.E. volunteer hours are completed. All P.I.E. volunteer questions or concerns should be directed to Kathy Neumeyer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAVE THE DATE: APRIL 21, 2020 – SPRING SUPPER: Stop in and enjoy a delicious dinner anytime between 5:00-7:00 pm. This dinner is open to everyone! There will be a free-will offering for Excellence in Education. Everyone is invited to stay for the Fine Arts Program starting at 7:00pm. You may contact Latina Robinson with any questions at email@example.com
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: The Illiana Athletic Department is looking for an Assistant Distance Coach and Boys Sprint Coach for Track and Field, and a JV Boys Baseball Coach. Contact either Deb Kamp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Darren DeBoer (email@example.com) if you are interested.
- PANCAKE PACER: Our 10th Annual Pancake Pacer 5k run/walk will be held on Saturday, April 18, 2020, at 7:30 a.m. Following the race will be our famous pancake breakfast. All of the proceeds will benefit the Illiana Athletic Department. Watch for future announcements regarding registration.