Illiana Christian High School is ready for the 2018 -2019 school year at our new campus! We look forward to seeing you in Dyer at 10920 Calumet Ave., Dyer, IN 46311. Until then, we have many details to inform you about. If you do not find answers here, check our website www.illianachristian.org . You can also call us at 219-558-7066.
20 Ribbon Cutting 8am
21 Freshmen 1st Day
22 All Students 1st Day
23 & 24 Auditions for the
Fall Play – Peter & the Star Catcher
30 Underclassmen Pictures
3 Labor Day/No School
6 Back to School Night
11 Freshmen Breakfast
15 Dedication Ceremony 7pm
17 Golf Outing
18 & 19 Sr. Retakes
26 See You at the Pole
SCHEDULE CHANGES: First semester schedules are available through ParentsWeb. The counselors will be in the office the week of August 13. If any changes are needed, please email your requests to your counselor. Some changes can be made after school starts but only under very limited conditions. Students whose last names begin with the letters A-K, contact Mrs. Melanie Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and students whose last names beginning with letters L-Z, contact Mr. Neil Zandstra (email@example.com).
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Immunization records and birth certificate are required before school starts.
- ALL NEW ILLIANA CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE MAP TEST. You should sign up only if he or she has not taken the NWEA-MAP test in their previous school. MAP tests are given at Calvin Christian School, Lansing Christian School, Highland Christian School, and some public middle schools. Illiana administered the MAP test in May, 2018 to Illiana-bound 8th graders at Crown Point Christian School. Please check with your student's previous school to determine if the MAP test is needed.
- Students will take 2 tests on each of 2 dates. Testing begins at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude by 12 noon on each date.
- YOU MUST CHOOSE 2 DATES FOR YOUR STUDENT.
- Testing will take place at the new Illiana campus: 10920 Calumet Avenue, Dyer, IN 46311.
- For more information contact Mrs. Heidi Teach at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Marie Limback at email@example.com , or call the Illiana Admissions Office at 219-558-7066, ext. 49.
- SCHEDULES: Schedules will be mailed when classes have been determined. First semester will also be available through ParentsWeb.
- WELCOME NIGHT: Incoming freshmen families and transfer students will be receiving an invitation to Welcome Night on August 20. Invitations will be sent out soon.
- FRESHMEN CHALLENGE: Illiana Christian High School welcomes ALL incoming freshmen to Freshmen Challenge (formerly Freshmen Orientation) on Tuesday, August 21, 7:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Join us for a day of orientation. When you arrive please meet us in The Commons. You will receive another copy of your schedule, your textbooks, and your Chromebook as well as run through your classes and meet each of your teachers.
CARPOOLS: Are you interested in being part of a carpool to and from Illiana this year? Are you looking for a ride or can you take another passenger in your vehicle? Illiana can help connect families who need help making arrangements for carpools. Please email Admissions Director Marie Limback at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, home address, phone number, and indicate if you need a ride or can offer a ride. Mrs. Limback will share your information only with other families who have indicated an interest in carpooling, so families can then connect with each other.
TEXTBOOKS: Freshman should get their textbooks following orientation on Tuesday, August 21 from 1:00 pm through 2:00 pm. Sophomores, juniors and seniors can pick up their textbooks Wednesday, August 15 or Tuesday, August 21 from 3:00 pm through 7:00 pm. Students are expected to have their textbooks the first day of school. Textbooks will not be distributed the first day of class.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: The first day of school is Wednesday, August 22. Please note this will be a full day. Students will report to homeroom by 7:45 a.m. and school will be dismissed at 2:50 p.m. Returning students will have received their schedule when they picked up their textbooks. Additional copies will cost $1.00.
FALL PLAY: The Drama Department will present Peter and the Star Catcher, the Broadway hit based on the novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. The play tells the story of how Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Neverland came into existence. It is a delightful romp, full of magic and laughter, guaranteed to capture the imagination of the young and the young at heart. The play will provide opportunity for a large number of students to get involved both on the stage and with crews. Students interested in auditioning should familiarize themselves with the story this summer. Audition materials will be available in the school office or on the school website. Auditions will be on August 23 and 24 after school in Mr. DeVries’ room, room 212.
PICTURES: Underclassmen will have their pictures taken on Thursday, August 30. Seniors will be able to have photo retakes on September 18 and 19. Seniors, please see Mr. De Vries about scheduling a time.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT: Parents are invited to come to school to visit the classrooms and meet their students’ teachers on Thursday, September 6, at 7:00 p.m. Remember this is for parents only.
BUSINESS OFFICE REMINDERS:
- Foundation Fund Earnings Form: Please complete and return to the school office no later than October 31. Late forms will not be accepted. If you choose not to claim this, your allocation will go to the Tuition Assistance fund.
- EFT Form:
- Tuition: Every family should pay the first of eleven monthly tuition payments by August 15. The monthly payment is $865.
STUDENT INSURANCE: Illiana does not have medical insurance coverage for your child. If your child is hurt, even if at school, we do not have a policy to cover that injury. We expect that all our families have their own health insurance.
PARENTS OF SENIORS: If your student is planning to attend the class trip this fall in October, the fee of $615.00 will be due September 13. More information will be coming soon.
PARENT-STUDENT HANDBOOK: The Parent-Student Handbook contains important information regarding academics and student life here at Illiana Christian High School. The Handbook is located on our website: My ICHS>Parent-Student Handbook.
DIRECTORY: The directory is available on RenWeb>ParentsWeb>School Information>Directory. You may search by Family or School Staff. The School Staff option will display all faculty and staff and their contact information, including email addresses.
MOMS IN PRAYER: Moms In Prayer International will meet for one hour at 9:00 a.m. on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Mondays of each month that school is in session to pray for the students, the staff and the activities of the school. Our first meeting will be on August 27 at 9:00 a.m. in room 114. Moms and grandmothers are welcome. If you have any questions, call June Kamp at 219-577-3662 or Chris Buiter at 708-474-7144.
ICHS GOLF OUTING: The Illiana Christian Golf Outing will be on Monday, September 17, 2017 at Briar Ridge Country Club in Schererville, IN. Please contact Darren DeBoer (219-558-6670 ext. 14 or email@example.com) with any questions or to sponsor the event. Online registration is available through our website. Email Darren De Boer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
SECURITY: After the school day has started, doors will be locked. Anyone arriving after 8:00 a.m. must come through the North door by the flagpole. Late students and all visitors, vendors, and volunteers, will need to be buzzed in by the office staff. Late students must sign in and receive a pass. Visitors are required to sign in at the main office and wear an identification badge. You must sign out when you leave.
Parents Involved in Education (P.I.E.) is Illiana’s fundraising organization which raises funds for the Excellence in Education program. To encourage participation, each Illiana family is assessed a “P.I.E. fee” of $200, which is billed on the tuition statement. When you volunteer the required amount of time, you will receive a credit to offset this fee. Information from the P.I.E. Board will be sent in a separate email. There you will find important information regarding volunteer positions, volunteer sign-up, the SCRIP program, the lunch program, and contact information.
- SCRIP: Illiana Families earned a total of $12,131.35 toward their tuition this past school year. If you would like to sign up for SCRIP please follow the instructions on the website. This year you must place your orders on line. You may still make payment by dropping off a check in the office, but online payment through Presto Pay is preferred. If you have questions please contact Jill Rozendal at 708-474-0041. SCRIP information is also posted on our website.
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS OF ILLIANA ATHLETES
- COACHING OPPORTUNITY: Illiana is looking for a JV Girls Basketball coach. Please email Darren DeBoer at email@example.com to apply.
In the midst of all these details, let’s remain focused on what is of greater importance to us all. Pray for the school, our teachers, and our families that this school year will be a blessing to God and will expand His kingdom in hearts and hallways. We are not the only ones preparing for a new school year; the Spirit of God is also at work here.