- On Monday, February 4, we will have a late start. School will begin at 8:15 a.m.
- There will be no school on February 15, due to the Faculty In-Service Day, or on February 18 for Presidents’ Day.
- There will be early dismissal on February 21.
- Spring Break is April 1 – 5.
- The annual Illiana Christian High School Association Meeting will be held on April 16.
ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT NEWS:
- RE-ENROLLMENT: Re-enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year will be automatic. Principal Peter Boonstra sent a letter to all families in January regarding this, but if you have any questions contact Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or email@example.com.
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF EIGHTH GRADERS: High School is just around the corner for many of you! We are now accepting online applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Create a parent’s application account and apply today. Follow these application instructions: 1) Go to www.illianachristian.org 2) Click on Admissions 3) Click on Application for Admissions 4) Click Create New Application Account 5) Fill out and submit application. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact our Director of Admissions, Marie Limback, at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pass this information on to friends and family.
- PREVIEW ILLIANA: Join us on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. for our Spring PREVIEW. Open the door to Illiana Christian High School! Parents and students are all welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, observe live teaching, and have your questions answered. No pre-registration necessary. The first 100 students will receive a free T-shirt. Please invite neighbors, friends, family, and anyone else to this event! Questions can be directed to our Director of Admissions, Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or email@example.com.
- TRANSPORTATION to the new campus: For the 2019-2020 school year, Illiana will again provide school-to-school transportation to and from the Dyer, IN campus from Calvin Christian School in South Holland, Lansing Christian School, and Highland Christian School. This transportation is available to any Illiana family for only a $100 registration fee. Questions can be directed to the Director of Admissions, Marie Limback, at 219-558-7066 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING MUSICAL: Join the Illiana Drama Department as we enter a "world of pure imagination" in Roald Dahl's: Willy Wonka. Tickets for the March 7, 8, and 9 shows will go on sale at the end of February. Shows each evening begin at 7:00 p.m. with a Saturday matinee at 2:00 p.m. Bring the whole family for this sweet treat! Tickets will go on sale at the end of February.
- SCRIP: All SCRIP orders are due in the office or online by 8:00 am on the Tuesday turn in date. The orders will be ready the following Tuesday for pick up. If you have questions about SCRIP please contact Jill Rozendal at email@example.com.
- P.I.E. BOARD POSITIONS OPEN FOR 2019-2020: The P.I.E. Board is looking to fill the Vice-Secretary, Vice-Treasurer and Vice-President positions for the 2019-2020 school year. Meetings are once a month on Wednesday nights. These positions earn $300 P.I.E. credit. Please email Nicole Smit (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or would like more information.
- VOLUNTEERS: Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer for P.I.E.! There are still open volunteer spots for lunch. You may sign up at the SignUp.com link to pick your dates.
- P.I.E. CHARGES & CREDITS: P.I.E. charges & credits were applied on the December family tuition statements. P.I.E. credits will continue to be applied every month, through the end of the school year, as your P.I.E. volunteer hours are completed. All P.I.E. volunteer questions or concerns should be directed to Cathy De Young via email at email@example.com.
- SAVE THE DATE - APRIL 23 - SPRING SUPPER. (Formerly known as Evening for Illiana.) Stop in and enjoy a delicious dinner anytime between 5pm-7pm. Open to everyone! There will be a free will offering for Excellence in Education. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Feel free to stay for the Fine Arts Program starting at 7pm.
PANCAKE PACER Our 9th Annual Pancake Pacer 5k run/walk will be held Saturday, April 27, 2019, at 7:30 a.m. Following our race will be our famous pancake breakfast. All of the proceeds benefit the Illiana Athletic Department. Watch for future announcements regarding registration.