FALL PLAY - November 1, 2, 3: The Drama Department will present Peter and the Star Catcher, the Broadway hit based on the novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. The play tells the story of how Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Neverland came into existence. It is a delightful romp, full of magic and laughter, guaranteed to capture the imagination of the young and the young at heart. Performances at 7:00 p.m. Saturday matinee at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased in the school office or at the door.
FUNDRAISING DINNER: On Saturday, November 3, at 4:00 – 7:00 p.m., the Praise Crowd Committee will serve a Taco Dinner between the matinee and evening performances of the fall play. Donations will be accepted at the door and the money raised will go to support the Praise Crowd activities.
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES: On Thursday, November 8, we will dismiss at 2:25 p.m. and Conferences will be held from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 - 8:00 p.m. Conferences will be held in The Commons and the Common Grounds Coffee Shop will be open for you to enjoy. The conferences are for parents and teachers, not students or other children.
LATE START: On Monday, November 5, school will start at 8:15 a.m.
VETERANS DAY: Monday, November 12 – Calling all Veterans in the ICHS Community! Illiana is hosting a breakfast and chapel service honoring veterans on Veterans Day. Meet us at the flag pole in front of school at 7:45 a.m. for devotional. An all-school chapel will be held I the ARC at 8:10 a.m. Breakfast will be served in the Commons at 8:45 a.m. Please RSVP here or call the school office at 219-558-7066 ext. 22.
DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT: The 11th Annual Dodgeball Tournament will be held on Friday, November 9, at 7:00 p.m. Tickets will be $5 at the door. Finals will be held at Trinity Christian College on November 16th, time TBD. Please come out and have a ball! All are invited.
ILLIANA CHRISTIAN AUCTION: The Illiana Christian Auction Committee is happy to announce our 4th Annual Auction on Saturday, November 17. Silent Auction will begin at 5:00 p.m. and live auction at 5:30 p.m. This event is becoming a staple fundraiser for the school and we look forward to its continued growth. We are eager for your partnership and are asking for your investment by providing items or services to be auctioned or cash donations. Proceeds from this auction will support the Athletic Department and the Tuition Assistance Fund. The goal this year is to raise $65,000. Any questions may be directed to Darren DeBoer at email@example.com or 219-558-7066 ext. 14.
FRUIT SALE: Information about this year’s fruit sale will be given to juniors on November 6. Juniors will be selling fruit (oranges and grapefruit) and mixed nuts from November 14 to December 4. The delivery date is yet to be determined. If you are interested in purchasing these, please contact a junior student with your order.
PREVIEW ILLIANA (OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS): Discover what Illiana Christian has to offer at Preview Illiana on November 29, at 7:00 p.m. Parents and students interested in learning more about Illiana are welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, tour the campus, attend informative sessions, and have all of your questions answered about Illiana. No pre-registration necessary. Call Marie Limback at 219-558-7066 ext. 49 with any questions.
HOST FAMILIES: Have you considered being a host family for an international student? Illiana Christian High School is seeking families with an interest in hosting international students for the 2019-2020 academic year. There may also be opportunities to host for the second semester of the current school year, staring in January 2019. This is a great opportunity to care for, educate, and learn from a curious international student as he or she navigates a new spiritual, educational, and cultural environment. Host families receive a stipend of $10,000 per year which covers tuition for one of your own children for a year. Interested families should contact Director of Admissions, Marie Limback, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-558-7066 ext. 49.
YEARBOOK 2018: Students will be able to order the 2018-2019 yearbook, The Spire, in November. An order form will be given to students in homeroom which they must complete at that time. The cost of the yearbook will be added to your tuition statement. If there is a change with the order, please contact the office. The cost will be $68 if ordered this fall. If a student requests a yearbook after printing, the cost will be $80. The Spire will be distributed at the beginning of October next year.
- Mark your calendar for the music concerts in December (All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m.):
- December 13-Choir Concert,
- December 18-Band Concert,
- December 20-Chambers Concert.
- Christmas Break begins on Monday, December 24, and goes through Friday, January 4. School resumes on Monday, January 7, 2019.
EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSINGS: Information is available at the school website. This will link you to the Emergency Closing Center. E-mail notification is also available by signing up on the website at www.emergencyclosings.com. Parents will be notified by phone using Parent Alert.
P.I.E. BOARD NEWS:
- P.I.E. Credit Volunteer Opportunities are now open on the SignUp.com link. To sign up for your P.I.E. credit, five lunches will equal the full $200 P.I.E. credit. You must register on the SignUp.com site and you will receive reminders for your scheduled dates. Direct any questions to Cathy DeYoung at email@example.com.
- Student lunch ordering is open for December lunches from November 1-15. We thank you for your patience as we moved into the kitchen and adjusted to our new space!
- SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES: Illiana scrapbooking supplies are still available. Contact Cathy DeYoung (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in purchasing any supplies.
- SCRIP: SCRIP cards are perfect for stocking stuffers and holiday gift giving. You can purchase these gift cards at www.shopwithscrip.com. Don't wait to place your order! Do you have family members that give gift cards for Christmas? Why not offer to purchase the gift cards through your SCRIP account and collect the tuition credit back? Look for the rebate distribution on the November tuition statement.
- SCRIP Dates: Due Nov. 6, pick-up Nov. 13; Due Nov. 27, pick-up Dec. 4; Due Dec. 4, pick-up Dec. 11. NOTE: Last Scrip order before Christmas will be Dec. 4. Keep in mind that some cards run out of stock in December. For questions about SCRIP, please email Jill at email@example.com.