NO SCHOOL: There is no school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, October 24 – 26, due to a records day and the Christian Educator’s Convention. The school office will be open Wednesday and Thursday, and closed on Friday, October 26.
REPORT CARDS: Report cards will be available online through your ParentsWeb account on October 30. You will be notified via email when they are available.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: On Thursday, November 8, we will dismiss at 2:25 p.m. and Conferences will be held from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 - 8:00 p.m. Conferences will be held in The Commons. We hope to have the Common Grounds Coffee Shop open for you to enjoy. The conferences are for parents and teachers, not students or other children.
FOUNDATION FUND CREDIT FORM – LAST REMINDER: The Foundation Fund Claim Form needs to be turned in to the school office by October 31 in order to receive your 2018-19 Foundation Fund Credit. This form is available on our website. Credits not claimed will be given to the Tuition Assistance Fund to help other families.
2017-2018 YEARBOOK- Spire -Party: The 2017-2018 yearbook, the Spire, will be available at the Spire Party on Friday, October 5, at 7:00 p.m. in The Commons. Student may enter from the south doors only. If you are not able to come on October 5, you may pick up your yearbook at school the following week. This is for students who ordered the 2017-2018 yearbook last fall. You can still purchase this yearbook for $68 at the party. See Mr. DeVries or Mr. Kamphuis if you have questions.
UNDERCLASSMEN PICTURE RETAKES: Picture retakes for underclassmen will be Tuesday, October 23. Students must return the original photo package intact. Order forms are available across from the main office. If your student was absent, they will have their picture taken on this date.
PSAT: The PSAT test for juniors will be given at ICHS, during the school day, on October 10. The test is an optional test for junior students. The fee is $25.
PREVIEW ILLIANA (OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS): Discover what Illiana Christian has to offer at Preview Illiana on Thursday, November 29 at 7:00 p.m. Parents and students interested in learning more about Illiana are welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, tour the campus, attend informative sessions, and have all of your questions answered about Illiana. No pre-registration necessary. Call Director of Admissions, Marie Limback, at 219-558-7066 ext. 49 for more information.
SHADOW VISITS: Middle school students, come visit Illiana! Shadow visitors get to experience a day in the life of an Illiana student. Each visiting student is paired with a high school student from 7:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. A link to the online Shadow Visit Request Form can be found on the Admissions page on our website. You may also schedule a visit through Marie Limback in the Admissions Office at 219.558.7066 ext. 49.
FALL PLAY - November 1, 2, 3: The Drama Department will present Peter and the Star Catcher, the Broadway hit based on the novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. The play tells the story of how Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Neverland came into existence. It is a delightful romp, full of magic and laughter, guaranteed to capture the imagination of the young and the young at heart. Tickets will be $10 and will go on sale October 15 in the main office. On Saturday, November 3, the Praise Crowd will serve a Taco Dinner between the matinee and evening performances. Donations will be accepted at the door and the money raised will go to support the Praise Crowd activities.
VETERANS DAY: Monday, November 12 – Calling all Veterans in the ICHS Community! Illiana is hosting a breakfast and chapel service honoring veterans on Veterans Day. Meet us at the flag pole in front of school at 7:45 a.m. for devotions. Breakfast will be served at 8:00 a.m. in the Commons and then you are invited to join us for chapel beginning at 8:55 a.m. Please RSVP here or call the school office at 219-558-7066 ext. 22.
ILLIANA CHRISTIAN AUCTION: The Illiana Christian Auction Committee is happy to announce our 4th Annual Auction on Saturday, November 17. Silent Auction will begin at 5:00 p.m. and live auction at 5:30 p.m. This event is becoming a staple fundraiser for the school and we look forward to its continued growth. We are eager for your partnership and are asking for your investment by providing items or services to be auctioned or cash donations. Proceeds from this auction will support the Athletic Department, and the Tuition Assistance Fund. The goal this year is to raise $65,000. Any questions may be directed to Darren DeBoer at email@example.com or 219-558-7066 ext. 14.
EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSINGS: Information is available on the school website. This will link you to the Emergency Closing Center. E-mail notification is also available by signing up on the website. Emergency closings are also listed on WGN Radio 720-AM, WBBM radio 780-AM, and on TV: channels 2, 5, 7, FOX, WGN, or CLTV cable. We also contact families via a parent alert through RenWeb.
- SIGN PAINTING PARTY: Saturday, November 10, from 9:00 - 12:00 a.m., P.I.E. (Parents in Education) is having a fundraiser. Sign up for a fun morning of painting a wooden sign! The company Talking Timbers will have four different signs available to choose from when you sign up. Have a mom/daughter morning together, bring a friend, or just come and have a great time hanging out and meeting new people. The Common Grounds Coffee Shop will be open and their yummy drinks will be for sale. Some light breakfast food will also be available for purchase. Space is limited so sign up soon!
- CATERING SERVICE: When making arrangements for your wedding reception, anniversary parties, birthday parties, Mother/Daughter Banquets, Widow/Widower Dinners for churches, etc., please consider the services of the Parents Involved in Education (P.I.E.) Catering Service. Enjoy a wonderful "home-cooked" meal in Illiana's new Commons area. For dinner arrangements and information call the Illiana office at 219-558-7066 or contact Terri Schaaf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCRAPBOOK SUPPLIES: Illiana scrapbooking supplies are available. Contact Cathy DeYoung if you are interested in purchasing any supplies at email@example.com.
- SCRIP: Just a reminder that all purchases made online for ScripNow, Reload, or ReloadNow cards must be paid with the PrestoPay option online. The purpose of those gift cards are for immediate use or in the case of Reload cards use within 24 hours. If you order physical gift cards online then you may choose the check option for payment, however, the check must be in the office by 9:00 am on the order due date. If you have questions please contact Jill Rozendal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS: October 15, 16, & 17.
COACHING POSITION: The Athletic Department is looking for a head JV Baseball Coach for the spring season. Please contact Darren DeBoer (email@example.com) if interested.