HOST FAMILIES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: At this time we are seeking families interested in hosting an international student for the 2018-2019 academic year. This year we have seven international students at Illiana. We are thankful for the opportunity to welcome students into our community for an academic year and in some cases an entire high school career. Please prayerfully consider being a host family for the upcoming 2018-2019 academic year. For more information, contact Admissions Counselor, Marie Limback, at 708-474-0515 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSE SELECTIONS: Any Junior or Senior who will be taking an AP course next year should pick up a commitment form in the office. The form must be signed by a parent and returned to the main office by May 1.
PROTECT YOUNG EYES: The Protect Young Eyes team, led by founder, Chris McKenna, presents around the United States to students and adults about how to use technology responsibly.
- On April 10, 2018, the Protect Young Eyes team will make presentations to students at Crown Point Christian and Illiana. At 7:00 p.m. parents of all Illiana and feeder school students are invited to a session designed specifically for them. Please join us at Crown Point Christian to participate in this event. You may register at Eventbrite.
GRANDPARENTS DAY: All grandparents of Illiana Christian High School students are invited to visit on Friday, April 20, beginning at 12:00 p.m. in the upstairs gym. Grandparents will be welcomed with a light lunch and at 12:45 p.m. they will connect with their grandchildren. Grandchildren will escort them to 6th and 7th period classes. The program in the auditorium will be from 2:15 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. Parents: Please make sure your child knows if a grandparent is coming so that they can meet at 12:45 p.m. We are not sending invitations directly to grandparents but are assuming that students or parents will invite their grandparents. Students will have early dismissal at 2:25 p.m.
PANCAKE PACER 5K RUN & WALK: Join us on Saturday, April 21, for our annual Illiana Pancake Pacer 5K Run/Walk to support Illiana Christian athletics. The 5K will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the annual pancake breakfast will be held 7:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m. To register please click the “2018 Pancake Pacer” link on our website and click on “Sign Up”. Tickets for the pancake breakfast will be $5.00 and can be purchased at the door. Thank you for your support of Illiana Christian athletics! We look forward to seeing you there.
ASSOCIATION MEETING: The annual meeting of the Illiana Christian High School Association will be Monday, April 23, at 7:30 p.m. A newsletter regarding the proposed budget and board candidates has been mailed or can be viewed here.
EVENING FOR ILLIANA: Join us on Tuesday, April 24, for “An Evening for Illiana,” the fundraiser for Excellence in Education, hosted by Illiana Parents Involved in Education (P.I.E.). A delicious dinner of hot beef, mostaccioli, salads, homemade desserts and more will be served in the large gym from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the door. This year we will also have “Farewell school” tours from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Our guides will include former teachers and staff. We invite all families and friends of Illiana to join us for dinner and then stay to enjoy the Fine Arts Recital from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the chapel. Fine Arts projects will be on display in the gym during dinner. Please RSVP to Nicole Smit at email@example.com or call (708)946-6669 and leave a message. You are still welcome to attend without an RSVP.
“GO” DAY (formerly Christian Service Day): On Wednesday, April 25, all students will be leaving school during the day for various service projects around the Chicago area. Information about the projects (and permission forms if necessary) will be given out in homerooms. If any parents are willing to provide transportation or help out, please call the school office.
BEAN BAG TOURNAMENT: Illiana's 3rd Annual Bean Bag Tournament will be held on May 11 at 7:00 p.m. This tournament is open to all Illiana parents, students, alumni and friends. Join us for an evening of fun and friends, bags and burgers (courtesy of Praise Crowd). To join in the fun, sign up here: BeanBag Sign Up. You can sign up as a team for $10 or as an individual for $5 (all individuals will be paired up the night of). The winners will receive a custom Illiana BeanBag set.
SEX OFFENDER LIST: State law requires that we publish a website you can use to see if there are any registered sex offenders living near you. The following websites are available: www.CookCountySheriff.org (or if you do not have access to a computer you may call the Records Division at 708-865-4560), www.nsopr.gov (National Sex Offender Public Registry), http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/sor.cfm (Illinois Sex Offender Information), and http://www.indianasheriffs.org/offender-watch.aspx. (Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry) or you can contact your local law enforcement agency.
- LUNCH REMINDER: The pizza and drinks scheduled for the snow day of Friday, February 9, will be served on Friday, April 13.
- OPEN POSITIONS: The P.I.E. Board is looking for people to fill the positions of Vice Secretary and Vice Treasurer for the 2018-2019 school year. The Vice President position has been filled. Meetings are once a month on Wednesday nights. These positions earn $300 P.I.E. credit. Please email Nancy Rietveld (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or would like more information.
- CHEER CLINICS AND TRYOUTS: Cheer Clinics will be held on April 18 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and April 19 from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Tryouts for next year will be held on April 25 at 5:00 p.m. An additional tryout date for late enrollments will be announced for a date in August as well. Follow this link for sign-up information: http://illianacheer.weebly.com/Please contact Coach Carisa Beezhold with any questions at 708-606-7208.
- SPORTS & MUSIC CAMPS: Illiana will again be hosting summer camps for band, baseball, basketball, cross country, soccer, tennis, and volleyball and winter camps for softball and wrestling. More information will be coming soon. If you have any questions, please email Deb Kamp at email@example.com.