- On Monday, February 5, we will have a late start. School will begin at 8:15 a.m.
- There will be no school on February 16, due to the Faculty In-Service Day, or on February 19 for Presidents’ Day.
- There will be early dismissal on February 22 (not February 15 as previously listed).
- Spring Break is April 2 – 6.
- The annual Illiana Christian High School Association Meeting will be held on April 16.
CULVER’S NIGHT: Join us for Illiana Night at Culver’s in Merrillville, Schererville, Highland and Crown Point as we raise money for Illiana’s Spring Break Mission Trips. A portion of the sales will assist the fundraising efforts for the Uganda and Dominican Republic mission trips when you present our flyer or simply mention Illiana Christian. You may print off a flyer from our website www.illianachristian.org , or pick one up in the school office. Thanks for your support!
RE-ENROLLMENT: Re-enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year will be automatic. Principal Peter Boonstra sent a letter to all families early in January regarding this, but if you have any questions contact Marie Limback at 708-474-0515 Ext. 49 or email@example.com.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF EIGHTH GRADERS: High School is just around the corner for many of you! We are now accepting online applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Create a parent’s application account and apply today. Follow these application instructions: 1) Go to www.illianachristian.org 2) Click on Admissions 3) Click on Application for Admissions 4) Click Create New Application Account 5) Fill out and submit application. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Counselor, Marie Limback, at 708-474-0515 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pass this information on to friends and family.
PREVIEW ILLIANA: Join us on Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. for our Spring PREVIEW. Open the door to Illiana Christian High School! Parents and students are all welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, observe live teaching, and have your questions answered. No pre-registration necessary. The first 100 students will receive a free T-shirt. Please invite neighbors, friends, family, and anyone else to this event! Questions can be directed to our Admissions Counselor, Marie Limback at 708-474-0515 Ext. 49 or email@example.com.
TRANSPORTATION to the new campus: For the 2018-2019 school year, Illiana will provide school-to-school transportation to and from the Dyer, IN campus from Calvin Christian School in South Holland, Lansing Christian School, and Highland Christian School. This transportation is open to any Illiana family for only a $100 registration fee. Questions can be directed to the Admissions Counselor, Marie Limback, at 708-474-0515 Ext. 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION ILLIANA COMMUNITY. It is that time of year again to clean out your closets and crawlspace in search of Illiana memorabilia. We are looking to add to our collection of Illiana artifacts from all decades. If you have something to donate to the collection, please contact Jeff White, email@example.com.
SPRING MUSICAL: Illiana's drama department will present a celebration of Illiana's musicals through the ages in an extravaganza we are calling "The Show Must Go On." Come out to reminisce or just get a front row seat to history! Tickets for the March 8, 9, and 10 shows will go on sale at the end of February. Show times will be each evening at 7:00 p.m. with a Saturday matinee at 2:00 p.m. Bring the whole family!
spaghetti supper: Each year, during Spring Break, a group of our students and staff serve on a mission trip. This year students are participating in two mission trips. They are returning to the Pathway to Jesus School in the Dominican Republic, and to the Uganda Orphanage Relief Fun in Uganda. Please support them by attending the spaghetti supper on Saturday, March 10, from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Students will be serving a delicious spaghetti supper between the two performances of "The Show Must Go On." The cost is a generous donation to the DR and I2U teams.
“THE SHOW”: GO Club will be hosting “The Show”, on March 16 at 7:00 p.m. “The Show”, an air band contest open to student participants. All students and parents are invited to attend. Admission is $3 and all donations will be given to support the ministries of GO Club, which serves meals at Ronald McDonald House and Night Ministries in Chicago. See you there!
- SCRIP: All SCRIP orders are due in the office or online by 8:00 am on the Tuesday turn in date. The orders will be ready the following Tuesday for pick up. If you have questions about SCRIP please contact Jill Rozendal at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- P.I.E. BOARD POSITIONS OPEN FOR 2018-2019: The P.I.E. Board is looking to fill the Vice-Secretary, Vice-Treasurer and Vice-President positions for the 2018-2019 school year. Meetings are once a month on Wednesday nights. These positions earn $300 P.I.E. credit. Please email Nancy Rietveld (Rietveldfamily@gmail.com) if you are interested or would like more information.
- VOLUNTEERS: Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer for P.I.E.! There are still some open volunteer spots for lunch. You may sign up at the SignUp.com link to pick your dates.
- P.I.E. CHARGES & CREDITS: P.I.E. credits will continue to be applied every month through the end of the school year, as your P.I.E. volunteer hours are completed. All P.I.E. volunteer questions or concerns should be directed to Cathy De Young via email at email@example.com.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 7:00 P.M. - EVENING FOR ILLIANA:
- Please join us on for this fundraiser for Excellence in Education, hosted by Parents Involved in Education (P.I.E.). Hot beef sandwiches, baked mostaccioli and other delicious dishes will be served.
- At 7:00 p.m. you will enjoy the Fine Arts projects and performances by our students.
- As this is the last time this event will be held at the Lansing campus, we will be offering farewell tours, with guest guides sharing nostalgic information.
- Donations will be accepted at the door. Everyone is invited! Please bring your family and friends. Contact Nicole Smit at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PANCAKE PACER 2018 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Our 8th Annual Pancake Pacer 5k run/walk will be held Saturday, April 21, 2018, at 7:30 a.m. Following our race will be our famous pancake breakfast. All of the proceeds benefit the Illiana Athletic Department. Registration process is a little different this year. We will be using a new website called RunSignUp. You can sign up by going to this link and completing the registration.