June 2: All Textbooks must be returned to the Media Center.
June 2: Graduation will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the Family Christian Center in Munster, IN. Admission is by ticket only until 7:20 p.m.
June 20: Report cards will be available on RenWeb.
June 20: Transcripts and diplomas will be available to graduates whose tuition is fully paid. Those not picked up will be mailed in the beginning of August.
July 10, 11 & 12: Senior Pictures for next year’s graduating class. (September 23 & 24: Senior retakes.)
August 22: Freshmen first half day of school.
August 23: First half day of school for all students.
September 4: Labor Day/No School
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: The office will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and closed on Friday. Please call before you come as there may be other days the office will be closed.
2017-2018 SCHEDULES: Schedules were distributed in homeroom on May 23. First semester schedules can be viewed on ParentsWeb. Please contact your student’s counselor if you need to make changes. Students with last names beginning with A-K should contact Helen Bussema at firstname.lastname@example.org; last names beginning with L-Z should contact Neil Zandstra at email@example.com.) Please note that the counselors work limited hours during the summer so they may not respond immediately. Over the summer the arrangement of classes and teachers is subject to change, but courses in which students are enrolled will not be changed without notice.
REPORT CARDS AND DIPLOMAS: Report cards for all students will be ready on RenWeb after June 19 (unless there is still a balance on your tuition account). Graduates may come to the office beginning June 20 to pick up their diploma and transcript. If these are not picked up by August 1, they will be mailed.
FALL 2017 WASHINGTON D.C. SENIOR CLASS TRIP (October 17-20): A tentative itinerary was handed out to the Class of 2018 on May 25. Payment will be due September 12. The cost of the trip is $600.
SENIOR PICTURES: Juniors should note that senior pictures will be taken here in the Media Center on July 10 -12. Appointment cards from HR Imaging were given to seniors in May. Check with your son or daughter so you can mark your calendar. If there is a conflict with your pre-scheduled date or time contact HR Imaging at 800-433-1766 to reschedule. If this is not possible, retakes will be September 19 -20. Please note: while the purchase of a photo package is not necessary, ALL seniors must be photographed by HR Imaging in order to appear in the 2018 Spire.
SPORTS & MUSIC CAMPS: Registration for summer camps is now open! To see a camp brochure click here. To register, go to https://illianachristian.8to18.com/accounts/login and set up your account. If you already have an account, please choose summer camps. If you have any 8to18 questions, please contact Ashley Kamstra at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any summer camps questions, please email Deb Kamp at email@example.com.
FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE: Do you have an incoming freshman? If the answer is yes, then it is time to fill out Illiana’s application! All incoming freshman are required to fill out the online application and the enrollment packet. Class schedules will be created soon so please complete the admissions process at your earliest convenience. Contact Admissions Counselor Elly Makowski, 708-474-0515 Ext. 49, with any questions or concerns. Application Instructions: Go to: www.illianachristian.org, click on the Admissions tab in the upper left hand corner, click on <Application for Admissions> on the right side of the screen, create an application account, fill out and submit the application. Elly Makowski will contact you via email or phone once it has been submitted.
2017 – 2018 TUITION, GRANTS, and EFT: The tuition rate for 2017-2018 is $9,220. $100 of the enrollment fee charged in March 2017 will be credited to next year’s tuition, bringing the billed tuition amount to $9,120. The first tuition payment of $830 for each student is due by August 15. Payments for August – May will be $830 and June’s payment will be $820. The gratitude grant of $620 for supporting church families will be applied towards your June tuition. The Foundation Fund makes an optional discount available to all students, information will be emailed in July. The Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) form for tuition payments will also be included with the July email. Remember, all August payments must be made by cash or check.
- P.I.E. CREDITS have been posted to the accounts of those who have volunteered. If you have any questions, please email Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE P.I.E. BOARD WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OUR VOLUNTEERS, especially those who went above and beyond with our lunch program! We are always looking for new fundraising ideas to increase our volunteer opportunities. Please contact any P.I.E. Board member with your ideas.
- SCRAPBOOKING: Illiana Scrapbook & Graduation Supplies - It's time to finish those senior albums or get a good start on your freshman's scrapbook. A variety of papers, die cuts, tags, and albums are available in school colors and with the ICHS and Viking names on them. These supplies also make excellent photo boards and decorations for graduation parties. We have reduced the price of all of the inventory. For more information, please contact Becky Dunham at email@example.com or 219-669-2840. All proceeds go to the Excellence in Education Fund.
- SCRIP is now over for the school year. We will no longer order throughout the summer. June and July dates are cancelled. We will start back up with ordering gift cards in August (date TBD). ScripNow and reloads are available every day if you purchase using PrestoPay which can be done throughout the summer.
FALL SPORTS 2017-2018 TRYOUT INFORMATION
- PHYSICALS: If your student plans to try out for any sport (fall, winter, or spring) they must have a physical form turned in to the school before tryouts for that particular team begin. For freshmen, the Illinois Department of Health Form required for school entrance is sufficient for athletics for the freshman year. Thereafter, physicals are required each year.
- BOYS & GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY-SUMMER CAMP: The Cross Country Camp will be in Brookston, IN, August 14 -18. The cost is $325. Contacts: Coach Deb Top: Phone: (219)-775-6670/email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Coach Jim Piaskowy Phone: (708) 404-5491/email: email@example.com.
- GOLF: Qualifying rounds (tryouts) for the 2017 golf team will begin Monday, August 7. The home course is Palmira in St. John, IN. To get on Coach’s contact list, please register online at Coach’s Information . If you have any questions, please contact the varsity coach, Mr. Jack Rudenga, at 219-765-8285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GIRLS TENNIS: Tryouts will begin August 14 at our courts. Frosh/Soph girls: August 14 – 16, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Varsity: August 14 - 16, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Practice will continue through Friday for both teams. For more information contact Coach Rob Lagerwey (708-331-3606).
- GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Tryouts will be August 14, 15, 16. Freshmen: 2:30-5:00 p.m. Sophomores, juniors, seniors: 6:00-8:00 p.m. Required daily practice will follow for all teams. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Deb Kamp at school (ext. 25).
- BOYS SOCCER: Summer conditioning will be held every weeknight, June 26 - July 21 (except 4th of July) at the school from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Soccer camp is July 24-28, at the school 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. Boys soccer tryouts are August 9, 10 & 11 from 5:00-7:00 pm.