HOST FAMILIES: Have you considered being a host family for an international student? Illiana Christian High School is seeking families with an interest in hosting international students for the 2018-2019 academic year. There may also be opportunities to host for the second semester of the current school year, starting in January 2018. This is a great opportunity to care for, educate, and learn from a curious international student as he or she navigates a new spiritual, educational, and cultural environment. Host families receive a stipend of $10,000 per year which more than covers tuition for one of your own children for a year. Interested families should contact Admissions Counselor Marie Limback at email@example.com or 708.474.0515 ext. 49.
2017-2018 YEARBOOK (Spire): Students were able to place orders for the 2017 – 2018 yearbook this week. The charge of $65.00 will be billed with tuition next month. If you are not billed for a Spire yearbook and would like your child to have one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make this change. Yearbooks purchased next fall at the Spire party will be $80.00.
TUITION INFORMATION: The following items have been added to your December statement:
- Athletic Trainer Fee of $40 for winter athletes.
- Athletic Competition Fee for winter athletes.
- P.I.E. fee of $200.
- All P.I.E. volunteer credits have been applied for those who have volunteered their time through November. If you have a question concerning your P.I.E. credit, please email Cathy De Young at email@example.com.
AUDITIONS FOR THE SPRING MUSICAL, GODSPELL, will be held on Monday, December 11, from 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. and on Wednesday, December 13, from 3:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Students may pick up audition materials and sign up for an audition time in the music room.
- December 4 – Late Start at 8:15 a.m.
- December 14, 7:30 p.m. – Choir Concert at Bethel Church in Lansing.
- December 19, 7:30 p.m.– Band Concert.
- December 21, we will NOT have an early release after school. We will dismiss at the usual 2:50 p.m.
- December 21, 7:30 p.m. – Chambers Concert.
- Christmas Break – Monday, December 25 - Friday, January 5.
- Christmas Break Office Hours: December 26, 27, 28, and January 2, 3, 4, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- School resumes on Monday, January 8, 2018.
ACT TEST PREP: Detailed information regarding the ACT test will be emailed to parents of all juniors and will be available on the Illiana website. To register for the ACT test go to: www.actstudent.org. Our school code is 142545. We have two options for ACT test preparation leading up to the test given here on April 14, 2018:
- ICHS ACT Coaching: Illiana offers a four-night prep class run by our teachers.
- The dates are February 12, and 26, and March 12, and 20 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The cost is $50.
- Sign-ups and payments may be done in the office with Mrs. Jonkman.
- The sign-up deadline for ICHS ACT Coaching is February 9.
- ACT 36: There is also an eight night prep program given by an Excel Edge.
- The dates are January 29, February 5, 12, 26, March 5, 12, 19, 26 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The cost is $295.
- Register on the ExcelEdge website, by the end of December. (Students may also register in the office.)
P.I.E. BOARD NEWS:
- VOLUNTEERS: Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer for P.I.E.! There are still some open volunteer spots for lunch. You may sign up at the SignUp.com link to pick your dates: http://signup.com/go/p5vwE1.
- KITCHEN CLEANING MANAGER: If you are looking for a Saturday volunteer opportunity there is an opening for a kitchen cleaning manager. Please email Terri Schaaf- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- P.I.E. credit has been applied to those who have volunteered their time through November; if there is a discrepancy or you have a question concerning your P.I.E. credit, please email Cathy De Young at email@example.com.
- SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES: Illiana scrapbooking supplies are still available. We have die cuts for sports and music and lots of Illiana paper all at discounted prices. Contact Cathy if you are interested in purchasing any supplies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SCRIP: Remember to order your Christmas gift cards with Shop with Scrip (www.shopwithscrip.com). There are a limited number of small denomination gift cards available, perfect for stocking stuffers and holiday gift giving. These cards will only be available while supplies last, so don't wait to place your orders. Remember the last order before Christmas is December 19, with pick up on December 22.
- LUNCH ORDERING has gone very well so far, ordering for January will be open December 11-22. Any problems, email Kim Van Roekel @ email@example.com.
EMERGENCY CLOSINGS: Information regarding emergency closings is available at the school website. Click on News and Closings. This will link you to the Emergency Closing Center. E-mail notification is also available by signing up on that website at www.emergencyclosings.com. Parents will also be notified by email, text message or by phone using Parent Alert through RenWeb.
OUR CHRISTMAS WISH: We at Illiana Christian High School want to wish all our families a very Merry Christmas! It is a wonder and a blessing to be able to celebrate Christmas with joy, conviction, awe, delight, praise and gratitude. The Messiah is Born! Alleluia!